Sunday, April 29, 2007

Power corrupts, Absolute power absolutely

Im here with a different topic today. I was speaking to my uncle couple of days back. He is an economist. I told him that corruption is attributed to monopoly. I was meaning that if there is competition, then corruption will decrease. He told me that it is not exactly correct. Its power corrupts and absolute power absolutely. It was new to me. Competition to a person like me made me think that corruption will start decreasing. But what would happen is not that. Take an example, any advertisement which is real aggressive advertisement. Tamil ad, ellarum vangitanga, appo neenga. I just transalate for non-tamilians, Everyone bought, then yourselves?.... you are forcing a customer seeing this ad to buy, which he may not intend to before. Arent u corrupting the peoples mind and force them to spend money???? Just think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home